LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Maintenancevictim (Own)     28 April 2017

Child custody case ?

Hi all


I am a husband and filed Child custody case in my FC. Wife is staying is a different town with the child. Case in my town is stuck due to lack of judge. And wife is preventing me from visiting my child.

In order to speed up things, can i file another child custody case in her place ? Tell the court there that i will withdraw the case in my local court later when judge is available? Please advise


 1 Replies

Rohit Krishan Naagpal (Advocate)     19 June 2017

Ideally you should withdraw the case first with liberty to file afresh in other forum as per law , otherwise yo can give an undertakig in the other court that you will withdraw first case as and when judge comes.


All the best

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads