Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

guestneedhelp (home)     07 December 2011

Child custody after remarriage

Dear Members/Experts

I value your opinion.Kindly advise me regarding the following issue:-

Iam a divorcee with a son of 7yrs old.My ex has filed petition for custody 3yrs back...Till date no order has been passed.Now iam going to start a new life afresh..married life for the second time.

1.Now will it effect my custody of my son that is still with me due to my re -marriage?

2.If i have a child from my wedlock in future will it effect my custody of my son in case it is still with me ?

Please help.

Learning

7 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     07 December 2011

if you are a man then You are natural Gurdian of the Son above 5 Years of age. there is no effect from remarriage.

in future noone knows.

feel free to call

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     07 December 2011

Remarriage itself is no ground for change in custody of the minor. Regards, Shonee Kapoor harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

guestneedhelp (home)     08 December 2011

iam a woman will it effect the custody then?

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     08 December 2011

This ground alone would not affect the custody in most states.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Shantilal Pandya ( Advocate)     15 February 2012

only  consideration   for  awarding  custody  of the  child  is "with whom  the  welfare of the  child  lies ? and  what is  the  intellegible  preference  by the  childitself ,if the  child is  matured enough  to excercise the preference ,

Shantilal Pandya ( Advocate)     15 February 2012

only  consideration   for  awarding  custody  of the  child  is "with whom  the  welfare of the  child  lies ? and  what is  the  intellegible  preference  by the  childitself ,if the  child is  matured enough  to excercise the preference ,

Natural guardian  is  always natural guardian irrespective of the age of the  child.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     04 March 2012

Yes, welfare of the child is the sole deciding factor.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register