LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Uttam   02 October 2015

Child custody after divorce

I am a Business Man Work From Home (I have small Firm). I have a 1.5 yrs kid. I will take care of him last 1year with a nanny. 

My wife is working lady. (We are both economically strong enough). 

Is there any possibility to get child custody after divorce (As my child boy is very much attached with me and i know everyhting what a mothers do except feeding.)

Learning

4 Replies

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     02 October 2015

No one can answer your question definitely. You have fair chances to get custody. The courts will at the end of the day, see in whose custody the welfare of child is better. The general trend is the courts give custody to the mother till the child attains 5 years age. But in cxceptional cases, fathers also got custody.

(Guest)

Its a sort of dice game.  Anything can happen, finally courts are bestowed with discretionary power uc.

advocatepassy@gmail.com 971794 (Advocate)     03 October 2015

The child custody will invariably go to mother if the child is less than 5 years of age.

Rakesh Agr (fighter)     27 October 2015

Yes if mother claims custody then in all likely hood she will get interim custody as child is less than 5 years. But you can fight it out and try to win final custody proving that the kid would be better off with you. If some one has a citation where custody of less than 5 years given to father then please share

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register