Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hks (DEPUTY MANAGER)     24 February 2014

Child custody

Dear Sir

I have a five month's old daughter who is currently residing with my in laws at patna. Unfortunately my wife died after giving birth to our child due to internal haemorrhage at patna. Prior to that I had an altercation with my in laws as I wanted the child delivery at delhi since delhi has some of the best hospitals in india but they did not listen to me. They informed us about the child after her birth but on the very next day her father called me and told me that she is very serious and by the time I flown there she passed away.Now the problem is they are not giving me the custody of my child and are threatening me that they will implicate us in false cases . I have been to patna three times in the last five months and initially they requested to take care of the child for fist few months but now they have changed there mind and are putting their baseless demands.As far as our background is concern my in laws are retired and has no fixed source of income although I am a working in a reputed MNC and me and my parents are willing to take care of the child. Now my question is.

1) Should i register a case for my child custody right now or should i wait for some time so that they cannot implicate false case on me n my family.

2) Where the case will be registered as my native place is in delhi and the child is at patna.

3) How much time these types of cases normally takes and can I have the interim custody of my child till the decision comes.

4) What are the chances of me getting the custody

Learning

1 Replies

great india (manager)     24 February 2014

1. If talks are rendered useless....you can lodge a crl complaint of kidnapping + blackmailing for money and threat as criminal cases run faster in india. 2. Your wife passed away in hospital.... Collect the report and death certificate as evidence and subsequently file a custody case... 3. This double attack would pressurize in laws if wicked. 4. A genuine advise is wait for a few months ...time heals wounds.... They wouldn't have come out of death of their daughter.... You can wait for a month more if you want... Rest upto you....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register