LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mousami (finance)     25 April 2013

Child adoption by bith parent

can a birth mother adopt her own child befor the child is legally adopted from the instituted where she had abondoned the child?

Learning

6 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     25 April 2013

1. Yes but should not disclose the same before approved Agency.
2. All that matters in reference to the facts here is she should be found to be able to take a child on adoption r/w favorable Home Study Report.

In my opinion she should be discouraged to do so if her query is made here by a close friend.
Reason being she is not a fit mother as for a fact; abandonment first and then reclaiming is not scientific acceptable traits of a biological mother as per study from Darwin to humans evolution stage.

your reply is confusing.

my questions are as follows:

1. if the child is not legally adopted then can a birth mother adopt the child she has abondoned?

2. whom can she approach for the same to prove her claim?

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     25 April 2013

When you yourself use words in a sentence such as “a mother abandoned a child and meanwhile that child not adopted can she adopt her earlier abandoned child?”.

The meaning such question gives is that once she gave birth to a child (hence she is called mother), she abandons the child with an institution (means a newborn child born to her is abandoned by child mother at an Institution), meanwhile this child is not adopted by anyone (means child is open for adoption to any fit person who approaches the Institution) and hence now due to some change of heart – circumstances she wants to adopt this very once abandoned child of hers from the Institution.

She has to approach the Institution without disclosing that the child is hers and file papers desiring to adopt the child. After due home study report if she is found fit to adopt the child will be placed with her and proper adoption papers will be made and given to her.

My earlier two paras means above expanded version based and why it was confusing when your question was clear to me in the very first instance. Normally Agency / Institution donot give abandoned child without Court claim (direction) to their own biological parents if directly approached disclosing such sentiments - emotions. For such emotions - sentiments Church or private shelter homes take such social considerations but not an recognized Institution / Accredited Agency.

CARA is central agency whose Guidelines to be referred to if it is a Institution / Agency Adoption. Search online and stumble upon CARA official website and read down procedures and paper works for adoption.

thank you very much.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     26 April 2013

a mother abandoned a child and meanwhile that child not adopted can she adopt her earlier abandoned child?

in my view you have abandoned to some other person and now you want to take it legally without telling them that you are child mother 

means that person should be in a mood to give child then only you can take it or

as said above if you want to take child from institution then there should be both parents and the financial position should be strong enough to show that you can educate the child in bettr standards and social security should be shown 

(Guest)

Agree with experts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register