child access (legal opinion required)

Hello Experts,

   Wife has been denying access to the child  (son). I am the petitioner and have filed the case on the basis of mental cruely (including not allowing child to meet me). She cites various reasons for not giving the access to the child. What can be done in this case to gain access to the child?


legal advisor

how old is the child.file a case under gwa for child custody and visitation rights if the child is more than five years of age


@ Sarvanan : Thanks for your reply. Son is now 7+ years old.

 What is GWA? Can I file  it in sessions court itself? Is this application heard separately from current divorce proceedings or will it be made part of the ongoing proceedings?

legal advisor

if son is more than seven years old then you can claim child custody on valid grounds.gwa is guardian and wards act.you can file child custody and visitation rights under it.its a seperate case from the divorce proceedings


Learned friend Mr.Saravanan has very clearly explained the procedures to  be adopted in the given situation, you may follow it,  I agree  to his views. 




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



IPC Grand Course     |    x