New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sohan (Associate)     21 July 2012

Cheque stopped payment by builder

I am sohan from Gurgaon. I have booked a apartment in DEc'2010 in landmark group. But due to some case between farmers and builder, construction has been not started yet. So I asked builder to return my money back. So builder gave me 2 cheque of 5,40,000 each (only amt which i paid, without any interest). When I presented in Bank, both cheque has been stopped payment by builder. Pls suggest and guide, now what to do & what further action I can take against builder.

Thanks & Regards


 4 Replies

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     21 July 2012

mr sohan , first of all sen notice to builder under sec 130 of NIA  and alongwith this file you can file suit against the builder but for this i have to read the terms and comdition of the bond or agreement signs between you

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     21 July 2012

sorry correction in above reply its sec 138 of NIA  act instead of sec 130,kindly read as cahnged

1 Like

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     22 July 2012

Issue legal notice to builder within 30 days of receipt of cheque returning memo and if  builder does not comply with notice within 15 days of receipt of said notice then file complaint against him u/s 138 of N.I Act.

Sohan (Associate)     22 July 2012

Thanks for your kind reply. How much it will cost to me to send legal notice to builder ?




Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register