LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

KISHORE BABU.CH (EXECUTIVE)     28 April 2014

Cheque received of a closed bank account

I have given a hand loan to my close friend. He has given me a promissory note and a cheque against the security for the same.

Now he has given a complaint against me stating that I am harassing him to repay the hand loan. 

After discussing with him I came to know that he is planning to escape from repay of my money.  And also came to know that he has closed the bank account against the cheque given to me. 

Please, suggest me the chance of recollect the amount from him with the help of the cheque and promissory note , which I have taken from him.

Learning

5 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     28 April 2014

You can go for case under Negotiable instrument act, and u can file a suit for recovery of money. his complaint will not in any way prevent you from doing this.

thank you very much sir for your suggestion. Please let me know that how many days it will take to get the justice. 

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     28 April 2014

I can advice you on procedures, but not on judgements.

What I mean and wan to know - is there any time limit for such cases ?

shaivani (student)     23 September 2020

You cannot predetermine the time limit of any court case. But I suggest you that when you start troubling your friend via court case and when your friend face criminal trial and case reach the situation that your friend will be in prison he definitely settle the case and repay your debt.so I advise you to hire an Expert Lawyer in the particular law field.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register