LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

surendhar   06 May 2017

Cheque Issue

Hi Sir!Good Afternoon to all.Please suggest your valuable suggestions regarding this issue.One of my uncle gave a cheque to his friend for Rs.20 lakhs after that his friend told him that he had missed that cheque and with good concern my uncle deposited cash through bank in his account and after these many years in 2016 another person unknown to my uncle has sent a notice stating that he has to pay the amount of Rs.20 lakhs to him.My uncle is saying that the person has given the cheque to this person and claiming for money.my uncle has not written the total amount of rupees on the cheque.they themselves has written in words when we saw the writing on the cheque we understood that it was written by some other person and not by my uncle. when compared to the signature is there any chance that we can proceed further.please advise your valuable points how to over come this problem. Thank you sir Surendhar

Learning

2 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     06 May 2017

Sir, 

Let the complainanat prove his case regarding the legal laibility ..... 

https://kapilchandnaadvocate.wordpress.com/

Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     12 May 2017

The question is not clear. Your uncle gave a cheque for Rs.20 lakhs to A. A said that he lost the cheque. So your uncle deposited Rs.20 lakhs into A's later. Years (how many years) later B sent a notice to your uncle claiming Rs.20 lakhs based on the same cheque reported lost by A. Are these the facts? If so what exactly is your question? Is it that whether B can claim?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register