IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ramya   21 July 2015

cheque dishonoured

Sir, We had given Rs 12,00,000 to a known person for a business rotation of 3 months in cash.promising that he will give it within 3 months and had given his bank cheque leaves 2 with his own handwriting date , amount, sign and bavksidesign with his phone number also for Rs 7,00,000 and Rs 5,00,000 respectively.after 3 months with repeated reminders he just transfered Rs 4,00,0000 to our account and asked for the cheque leaves .then only he will transfer the rest.we stay in different state .so not believing him we had sent a xerox copy of the cheque through mail keeping the originals with us.he never transferred.after that we had produced the cheque of Rs 7,00,000 which got dishonoured.we had sent a legal notice and he had replied that he had not got any money from us.even he stated that we blackmailed him and got the 2 cheques.As we stay in AP and the person stay in tamilnadu we are planning to start the trial in AP.is it possible? Need ur advice.as My husband have annual income of more than Rs 10,00,000 and mydad had given my cash share time.from that only we helped him.is there is a law in outside to get the money back from that person. Pls advice me.


 2 Replies

Kapil Chandna (Lawyer at Supreme Court of India)     21 July 2015



File a complaint under section 138 of the Negotiable Instrument Act, 1881 ..

You can also send a complaint to the local police station for cheating.


Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate


srinivasan.r. (Lawyer, 9444000813)     21 July 2015

If he had issued cheque from TN, you can sue him only in that place not in AP, at the moment. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query