Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anirban Tarafder (Advocate)     23 December 2014

Cheque dishonor case re-filed after 30days from its return

What happens if one cannot re-file a complaint case for dishonour of cheque before appropriate Court within 30 days after return of the same? Any Judgments in support of the suggestions to be given? Thanks in advance


 4 Replies

Dalip Singh (Advocate)     24 December 2014

File an application for condonation of delay giving reason for the delay.


You can specify valid reasons and the court will accept even after 30 days

mukesh kumar (Partner)     09 January 2015

Courts are not harsh and hard in such cases normally court can allow refiling even after delay , for the ends of justice , for a valid reason of delay, you have to file an application for condonation of  delay asper the provision of limitation Act.



Adv. mukesh 9871774393

LAXMINARAYAN - Sr Advocate. ( solve problems in criminal cases.     03 April 2015

Please let us know what is the current status of this case . This is the problem for many cases that cases could not filed at new place within the thirty days time.


There is no ruling that such delays can be condoned though some courts are allowing to file the cases even after delay in refilling.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query