LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prema (Junior Training Officer)     02 February 2012

Cheque case to compromise

I have taken money from my friend for Rs.1,80,000/- and she have put cheque bonuce case for Rs.3,00,000/-  the case has been prolonge for 1 1/2 year. Now i have arranged the money of Rs.1,80,000/-. I want to comprise with my friend now our relationship is not good. My question is To compramise which is the better option compramise with the lawers or compramise through Lokadalat. and I want to know about lokadalat also? Pl

Learning

6 Replies

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     02 February 2012

you should contest the case with the help of competant advocate when the complainant will realise the case is weak than only will come for compromise.

This is a criminal case so you can not force before any forum for compromise on your terms.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     02 February 2012

Was there a promissory note for the loan?

How was the money exchanged?

Did you give blank cheque.

Though it is better to compromise with real amount returned.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     03 February 2012

if your friend is ready to compromise with you, settle the matter through lok adalat with personal presence of your advocate. Lok Adalat is a system of alternative dispute resolution developed in India. It roughly means "People's court". India has had a long history of resolving disputes through the mediation of village elders. The system of Lok Adalats is an improvement and is based on the principles of Mahatma Gandhi. Lok Adalat is a non-adversarial system, whereby mock courts (called Lok Adalats) are held by the State Authority, District Authority, Supreme Court Legal Services Committee, High Court Legal Services Committee, or Taluk Legal Services Committee. They are held periodically for exercising such jurisdiction as they determine. These are usually presided over by retired judges, social activists, or other members of the legal profession. The Lok Adalats can deal with all Civil Cases, Matrimonial Disputes, Land Disputes, Partition/Property Disputes, Labour Disputes etc., and compoundable criminal Cases

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     08 February 2012

Light is white but when it is passed through PRISM  it is converted into seven different colors  which are totally contradictory with each other. THIS IS POWER OF CROSS, POWER OF DEFENSE.

It is applicable in all cases and particularly easy to demolish any cheque bounce case by properly conducted cross examination of complainant and its witnesses.

(Guest)

Yes if  yoour friend agreed . it would be better to settle your dispute in the Lokadalat.

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     13 March 2012

For compromise take case , pl go through the AZRUDDIN MP CASE.

AZRUDDIN MP CHEQUE BOUNCE CASE.

A Delhi court Wednesday directed former Indian cricket captain and MP Mohammed Azharuddin to pay Rs.15 lakh as cost for wasting the court’s time after he told the judge that he had settled a dud cheque case with the complainant.
Azhar issued a cheque of Rs.1.5 crore to the complainant twice. It was dishonoured on both the occasions. The transaction was linked to a deal to buy a property in Mumbai’s suburb Bandra.
Metropolitan Magistrate Vikrant Vaid said: “Ten percent of the said amount of cheque should be paid to Delhi State Legal Services Authority (DLSA).”
The magistrate said Azhar wasted the precious time of the court, as he could have settled the matter right at the beginning of the proceedings.
The court directed Azhar to pay the amount within a month and asked him to deposit Rs.1 lakh, out of the cost, as surety.
The court direction came after the submission made by counsel of complainant Sanjay Solanki and Azhar that they had settled the case.
According to Solanki, Azhar purchased the property in Bandra for around Rs.4 crore. He was supposed to pay Rs.1.5 crore as initial amount.
The court in its last hearing issued a non-bailable warrant against Azhar after he failed to appear in court.
Azhar had moved an application seeking exemption from appearing in court claiming that he was busy campaigning for the Uttar Pradesh assembly election.
From this case all the persons who have cheque related  CASES must note THAT :-
1) Criminal cases are not like civil case where you can compromise and the case is dismissed.
Once a criminal case if filed and if it is compromised means the accused accepts the guilt and hence fine.
In this case since SUPREME COURT has ordered graded fines and hence FIFTEEN LACS FINE, that is ten percent of cheque 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register