LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SANKARPRASAD (MNGR)     28 April 2011

Cheque Bounced case

I havd given 54000/- inr to my friend. but he didn't returned. after somany reminders he had given one cheque for the same amount and after presenting to bank it was bounced. i have proceeded legally and he didn't appear to court. then an arrest warernt siiued on him. he is a govt. employee. now he is not tracable even to police also. . he is on continuous leave for last three months. but he is drawing salary through from atm. Pl. suggest me what should i do now?. how can i get my amount back?.

Looking for experts help in this.

Regards

NV Sankaram.

Learning

15 Replies

(Guest)

@NVS SANKARAM

You have filed 138 case against your friend.

He is a govt. servent if he cant give than he lost his job permently.

You said,"now he is not tracable even to police also. . he is on continuous leave for last three months. but he is drawing salary through from atm."

so, it means that  he has changed his place.

Try to find out his new place and give it to police .You said that he is taking his salary from atm so it means that you know where he reside ,give new address in a court for warrant.

SANKARPRASAD (MNGR)     29 April 2011

Thank You verymuch.

suryagaurav (manager)     29 April 2011

when you know that he is drawing salary, then you can provide office address to court and cpurt summon him, further salary can be attached of accused on the order of court. you should contact his account officer/Superintendent

suryagaurav (manager)     29 April 2011

when you know that he is drawing salary, then you can provide office address to court and cpurt summon him, further salary can be attached of accused on the order of court. you should contact his account officer/Superintendent

(Guest)

@suryagaurav

How can  salary can be attached of accused on the order of court in 138 case as in Negotiable Instruments does not provide this type of provision?( salary can be attached of accused)

If yes than tell me HOW??

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     03 May 2011

File a civil  suit for recovery of amount and obtain the decree from court then get atteched his salary for recovery of amount.

SANKARPRASAD (MNGR)     03 May 2011

Dear Sh.Bharatesh Goy

Generally how much time the civil case takes? again if the other party is not ready to received notice what will happen?.

But what should we do with the criminal proceedings which are going on at present on him now?

Pl. suggest.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     29 November 2011

If the fact is reported to his office he will face disciplinary proceedings and if he returned the money to you the evidence of discplinary proceedings will get stronger. Some persons may be surprised but it is true that Govt service as per conduct rules is expected to maintain intergrity even in personal life. As nsuggested by Mr Goyal a civil suit will be required to attach his slary. Iagree to him as his salary cannot be attached merely by criminal case u/s 138 NI Act.

madhu mittal (director)     03 December 2011

First of all, it is very strange in our country that police even can not trace even a govt. servant. If police submit report like this, an application for declaring accused absconded can be filed in court u/s 82 Crpc. If declared absconded, then u/s 83 crpc his property  can be attached and sold. Salary is also part of property.

madhu mittal (director)     03 December 2011

First of all, it is very strange in our country that police even can not trace even a govt. servant. If police submit report like this, an application for declaring accused absconded can be filed in court u/s 82 Crpc. If declared absconded, then u/s 83 crpc his property  can be attached and sold. Salary is also part of property.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     04 December 2011

it is strange that he is not giving application to the court for action under S/82/83 of CcPC.  Even illiterate  farmer also know that "court nahin ayage to 82 83 karva dooga

suryagaurav (manager)     06 December 2011

File a civil  suit for recovery of amount and obtain the decree from court then get atteched his salary for recovery of amount.

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     06 December 2011

Please go slow. Just because the accused appears in the court is not the solution. The case will go on. If he contests properly very difficult for you to prove the case. It is not that easy that once the case is filed so you will win.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     06 December 2011

But still JSDN, it is important that the accused present himself and take bail. The matter might be compromised later.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register