LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhi   06 January 2017

Cheque bounced & bounced cheque is lost in transit by bank

I have submitted SBI cheque  to my ICICI bank account. The cheque was dishonored due to insufficient fund. Then I have contacted the cheque issuer about it and he asked me to re-submit the cheque in next 2 days. ICICI bank has sent the bounced cheque back to me on 29th Dec 2016 via Speed Post EK311381285IN on my old communication address whioch I have already got changed. Now its been 6th January and I have not got my cheque back and tried contacting speed post as well and they are saying that they have lost the cheque and inquiring on same. I need the check back to represent it back at bank and have suffered financial loss due to ICICI bank poor service. The customer care is saying they are helpless and I only have to wait for the cheque. THe check issuer is also not ready to give me another cheque. Kindly help.

Learning

2 Replies

Adv. Yogen Kakade (+ 91 9225510883)     07 January 2017

Hi,

In such case you can follow up with the post department, as the ICICI bank has already sent you the cheque by post on the adrress which is available with them. It seems the changed address has not been provided by you to the bank.

When you get the cheque, deposit the same again, as the said cheque is still in validity period.

Secondly if you do not get the cheque, then get scuh undertaking of the transaction from the bank and file a recovery suit from the person who had issued the cheque to you.

Adv. Yogen Kakade 

Email: juryconincorporation@gmail.com 

Call:  09225510883

Ajay   07 January 2017

Deall All,

I would like to pose a question,in 2007 i was working in a IT company in Noida.A lot of Bank employes used to come to our office and would offer us a Credit card or Loan with minimum or No documents apart from our ID cards and Salary Certificates and a Bank Statement.one such Bank guy came in and told me to take a Personal Loan,i told him that i do not belong to Noida and i live in a rented House.He told me to give him my Id card and salary Certificate and took my Hometown address without any Valid Adress Proof.I guess he managed to make duplicate rent agrement of where i lived then and some other documents and got me a personal loan of Rs 100000/-.However i told him to apply for 50K only.He took some post dated cheques As well,i told me that he will also take some money from me for doing all this.So Finally I got the Loan amount  and he took his share and i was surprised to see that the laon they gave me was 100000,however i applied for 50k,also out of the loan amount they deducted some amount for various services and processing fess,and after that bank guy took his share i guess i was left with 65000k.I paid for few months and later on quit that job and left that city and moved to my Home town.I COMPLETLY UNDERSTAND THAT I AM AT FAULT AND I SHOULD HAVE NOT AGREED TO THAT BANK GUY FOR SUCH A LOAN AND THAT TOO WITHOUT DOCUMENTS.And i do agree that at that time i was not sure if i would repay or not.
Now there are two points i need your advice on.
My uncle who lives on that hometown adress that is mentioned for the loan purpose,kept geeting calls on his Landline and at time few guys also came there,but as i donot live there they cound never contact me and time agin my Uncle told them that i do not live there.
Now My uncle recetly got a LEGAL NOTICE asking me to Repay aroound 3 lac 80 K i guess this includes all the intrest and penalties.
Question NO 1. What does this Legal Notice Means to me and what can bank do to me if i donot respond as i personally donot live there or they have nwver contacted me.But that house is my Uncles.Can they book me under any section or can they send police or warranty,even if it is a personal Loan with no Gaurntor ore collateral.
Question No.2.I would like to repay them but a nominal amount and considering that bank guy tempted me for loan that i never wanted and he took his share that can be proved by the cheque he took from me and debited that amount from my account.Can i get a repayment option in EMI and that too of a nominal amount and not that intrest and penalty of so many Years ,I would like to pay them a setteelment amount of 70k and that too in 6 Installemts.Please do let me know who i should Contact and is it possible.Bank is ICICI Noida.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register