Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishal (Team Lead)     26 October 2009

Cheque Bounced

Hello,

I recently started up a small firm for providing data entry services. Being a start up we got into a contract by getting a post dated cheque from the company outsourcing such jobs. We paid some good money for getting the contract from the company.

We delivered the job worth Rs.1.5 Lacks and the company us told that we shall be paid for it soon. It is been more than 6 months we havent recieved the money and also lost the initial upfront that we pais to get the contract. I have all the emails and proofs showing the deliverables.

1) In case I deposit the post dated cheques and they get bounced what actions can I take to file a suit against the company?

2) The company is located in south Tamil Nadu. So will I need to file a case in another state? The guy owning the company seems to be fraud with new start ups and minting away the money.

Kindly assist and show the road ahead.

Regards, Vishal D Goel

Learning

6 Replies

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     26 October 2009

You deposit the cheque where you are.

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     26 October 2009

IMMEDIATLY PUT ALL THE CHEQUES IN YOUR BANK A/C, IF THOSE GOT BOUNCE, YOU CAN FILE THE CASE UNDER 138 OF N.I ACT, IN YOUR TOWN,SINCE THE JURISDICTION CAN ARIVE BY THE PLACE OF CHEQUE DISHNOURED SLIP  OF BANK AREA AS JURISDICTION.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     27 October 2009

send the cheques for collection. after receiving bounced cheque issue legal notice u/s 138 of NI act if no responce then file a case

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     27 October 2009

Before initiating legal action,you should check up the bonafides of the company,for which the checques have to be checked by sending for collection.Don't delay further.

Jai Kr. Ambavata ( Advocate)     28 October 2009

you post all the cheque in our bank account and received the sleep of bounced cheque & the reasons of bouncing cheque. You also file the case in our juricition in N.I.Act 138.

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     29 October 2009

Well replied by all experts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register