25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

udaykumar (executive)     27 March 2010

Cheque Bounce-Time limit

Cheque Bounced on end of Nov,2009 till today no action has been initiated against the friend of mine 

as he promised to return the amount after the cheque got bounced. Now, i like to file suit against him to

recover the amount.


 4 Replies

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     27 March 2010

You can file the money suit before civil court till expiry of three years.

 For criminal comlaint u/s 138 NI Act, limitation has expired.

Suryanarayana Tangirala (Advocate)     27 March 2010

File civil suit for recovery of money if six months lapsed from date on cheque,else u can present it agains and proceed under Section 138 OF Negotiable Instruments Act

Mohd Musabbir Ansari (Legal Practice/Litigation New Delhi 09582547570 )     28 March 2010

you can file money recovery suit under order 37 of CPC. No need to give notice.

Vinod kashyap (Advocate & Legal advisor)     29 March 2010

pl. give actual date endorsed on cheque.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query