New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pvt_RajKing (Private)     10 July 2011

Cheque Bounce Case - How to Serve the summons?


I got a cheque bounced and the cheque issuer lives in another state....

How does the court serve him the summon?

Can we ask for serving it thru post at his address?
 What about using a courier service to serve?


 10 Replies

Sajeev Menon (Legal Consultant Dubai 00971 508836442)     10 July 2011


You can send notice through registered post to the present residence address.

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     10 July 2011

Court can serve summon through concerning police station where the accused resides or through superior police officers as SSp or IG, Or may send through registered post on your request.

1 Like

Advocate M.Bhadra   10 July 2011

summon may be served in any State through Court by the local Police where the accused resides or through registered post duly approved by the Court.

1 Like

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     10 July 2011

summons can be served through local police  where the accused  resides or through registered post. .

1 Like

Advocate.S.A.Siddiq (Advocate)     10 July 2011

in 138 NI case, summon send through Registered Post with AD .only.

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     19 July 2011

Unless you know the exact where abouts of the accused very defficult.

bhuvanesh (Piping Engineer)     27 July 2012

Indian national's Cheque got bounced in UAE. This defaulter in loan and credit card payment has left UAE and seem to have come back to India in Kerala. Whether he can be arrested in Kerala (India) for the financial fraud he comitted in UAE. Now he has a cheque bounce criminal case against him registered in UAE. Whether Red Corner Notice can be issued by Interpol against him and our CBI get him arrested in India and extradite him to UAE?

Srinivas Murthy (Professor)     27 July 2012

Such things are common, if we do they  take action if bak does the same mistake, no action - ridiculously

Lodge a criminal case

My own cheque bounced bank with ample funds available [both accounts are personal accounts] by the bank stating CHEQUE BOOK NEVER ISSUED TO ME - Complaint lodged to RBI, - RBI Supported the bank, so now I am lodging criminal charges against the bank

sripada VRS (LEGAL AND FINANCIAL ADVISOR)     01 August 2012

in 138 case you request the court for personal service to appoint advocate commissioner and along with him serve the summons to the accused if necessary take localpolice help or serving  the summons.

sreedevi   13 August 2019

In 138 of N.I Act case, the accused is whereabouts not known. summon is not served so far. what are the steps to be taken?  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register