LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nagendra*** (Manager)     28 August 2012

Cheque bounce case

what will be the lawyers fees to fight a cheque bounce case. Can this case be wrapped up in 6 months. Can the lawyer agree for the paymen of fees after the case verdict? Can the lawyers fees be claimed from the accused? 1) I have a Loan agreement on a non-judicial stamp paper. 2) I have cheques for the amount loaned.

The lonee is just dragging not honouring the committed loan payment date.  Requests for additional time just a day before the payment date. He issued cheque for 5L and signed a loan agreement which includes the cheque# & amt. With Great difficulty I could get 3L (out of 5L) from the borowerer. It was a cash payment. And issued cheque for balance amt of 2 Lakhs (cancelled the 5L cheque).  Issue here is the agreement does not have the details of the cheque (for 2L) issues later. 

Please help how to go abt. Is the documentation I have is sufficient to fight a case ?

Learning

2 Replies

LAXMINARAYAN - Sr Advocate. ( solve problems in criminal cases. lawproblems@gmail.com)     29 August 2012

You want to buy a lottery ticket after seeing the result, every body wants that. SO HOW IT IS POSSIBLE.

ON FACE OF IT YOUR CASE IS NOT MAINTAINABLE IF THE ACCUSED FIGHTS IT PROPERLY, SO IF THE ACCUSED WINS YOU WILL NOT PAY ANY THING TO THE ADVOCATE WHO WILL PUT EFFORTS FOR YOU.

Nagendra*** (Manager)     29 August 2012

You mean the Cheque bounce case NI 138 can not be won? Then what is the use of NI 138. Mine is a stright case, my friend borrowed money & entered in to a lone agreement and issued post dated cheques. Is this evidence not sufficient?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register