Upgrad LLM

cheque bounce case

I filed two seperate cheque bounce cases against a builder as his cheques bounced.The cases were going in Tis Hazari court but due to Supreme court rulings that these cases are to be filed in the courts where the bounced cheques banks were located.

Meanwhile my lawyer suggested as the amount of these cheques is about 27 Lakhs we can file a civil case against the builder in Delhi High court as that is the competent court to addreess this issue and in High court dates are being given much earlier than a lower court. This is what he suggested to me. Is it legaly right or not?

Secondly, he is taken more that two months to file the case in Delhi High court as even after signing the papers by me and handing over the court stamp fee as he asked for the % value of the case which needs the stamp value of the paper to filealong with this case. He is giving the execuse that High court takes document after the strict scrutuny and he has to prepare documents in a proper format and now say that my case papers are accepted in the court  and they will issue court notice to the builder.I want to know Is it the process in Delhi High court ?

Thirdly, If I need to change my Lawyer, what can I do as he is the one holding all the original returned cheques, bank memos, earlier court summons, case transfer order etc. If I ask him all the original documents,will he returned everything to me so that I can engage another lawyer to fight this cae.

I will be thankfull if members can give me proper advise pointwise.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x