LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prashant Agnihotri (Lawyer)     08 December 2014

Cheque bounce 2 yr ago & legal notice not given to defaulter

A cheque bounce 2 year ago in january 2013, and due to insufficient balance cheque got bounce and at that time legal notice is not given to defaulter from the compainaint. what is the legal procedure  to follow , can we sent the notice today. i am awaiting for all valuable advice.


 3 Replies

Advocate/CS Sanjeev Kataria ( Advocate)     03 January 2015


Notice is to be issued within 30 days of the intimation of cheque dishonour. there is no provision for condonation of delay. since the matter is of more than 02 years old. it is advisable to go for civil money recovery suit because you can not file summary suit also, that also need to be filed within 01 year of issuance of cheque


Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 January 2015

Meet your lawyer and consult him on filing a civil suit or wait for another year till this also gets time barred

Ajay Paplu (Lawyer)     06 June 2015

i am agree with Adv. Sanjeev, you may file  civil suit for recovery of money

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query