LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tiwari Rakesh   29 June 2018

cheque bounce

Can criminal court put stay in his property in cheque bounce case after winning the case


 2 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     29 June 2018

No,offense of cheque bouncing (sec 138 of N.I..Act ) is punishable with imprisonment and fine so court can't grant stay on property. File recovery suit for cheque amount and interest thereon and obtain order of attachment before judgment from court.

I.S.Roy,Advocate (Advocate)     29 June 2018

Irrespect of criminal case , one whould file civil suiat for recovery of total due amount at the earkier subject to limitation


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query