IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohan   21 July 2015

Cheque bounce

I am Mohan I booked a land for buying, i gave 30% of the land amount and the remaining 70% i went through land loan... I thought of going through some private banks for loan, but the builder told we have some agents ,they will finish the work soon, u need not worry worry we will handle.they nearly took 8 months and atlast said ur loan is un successful.. better pay the cash and get the land. I asked for some time nearly 2 months they agreed ... between that they sold the land to some other party. I was not informed.. I applied EC through that I came to know. I asked to return the deposit amount.. he dragged finally he gave two cheques... those cheques got bounced... then we called they didn lift n through e-mail I asked them to maintain the sufficient fund. they told ok and they asked me to drop it again , i did, but bounced..I then approached for a lawyer and send an legal notice, the builder returned it back.. then i filed a case under 138 , the advocate took nearly 5 months to file the case... to get the numbering nearly 8 months passed he is dragging.. Now the advocate told us that the case has to filed in the court where my house is located.. I just want to know whether its right , how long will it take.. whats the procedure.. Like where the case has to be filed..



 2 Replies

srinivasan.r. (Lawyer, 9444000813)     21 July 2015

His version seems to be right, duration part it all depends upon the counsel and client support to make it success at the earliest. Generally most of the cases gets over in half way through   either by settlement or through  negotiations, so do not worry good things will come your way.

Kapil Chandna (Lawyer at Supreme Court of India)     21 July 2015



It be filed to a place where your bank branch is situated.


Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query