LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Karthik   19 September 2016

Check given as security is of closed account

My friend has given a signed check as security is of his closed account.. when I presented the check it was returned stating the account is closed.. Can I file a case against him, since he has stopped repaying the money and has 2 lakhs as due.


 2 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     20 September 2016

If you have proofs to show that he owes liability towards you then you can file cheque bounce case

VIJAY K. TEOTIA (ADVOCATE)     21 September 2016

Yes. you can file complaint under 138 Negotiable Instrument Act by complying all the provisions of the said law. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register