Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rashmi (Manager Customer Relations)     28 August 2012

Cheating related to cheque

Hi

My husband and me were looking for a flat in Mumbai for which we contacted a broker. He showed us multiple flats and we finalised one of them. Since we needed to shift on urgent basis we spoke to the owner and gave him a PDC cheque of 1 lakh against security deposit to confirm the deal and paid him 1 month advance rent in cash.

The owner was pretty weired in his interaction but since the flat was good we ignored his behaviour. Mean while the broker paid 1 lakh cash against the deposit to the owner on our behalf. The owner did not return the cheque to us till then. 3 days before we were suppose to shift in his flat the deal got cancelled and we decided not to take his flat on rent.

Since we had to vacate our existing flat in 3 days we forgot about the cheque that we gave him. The broker said that he will manage taking back his 1 lakh and our 1 month advance rent from the owner and asked us to focus on our shifting. The owner created lot of issues and did not return us the money. The broker however was genuine enough and he adjusted of advance rent against his brokerage and we shifted to some other flat. We forgot the cheque that we had given to the owner.

Recently I realised that the owner has deposited the cheque and it bounced due to insufficent funds. And we received a notice from him stating that we made a purchase of 1 lakh from his shop and paid that cheque against the payment of the goods which bounced.

Please guide me as in what we could do against him as he is gulity and he has created a fake case against us.

Learning

1 Replies

RAHUL KANSAL 9041629676 (ADVOCATE)     28 August 2012

helloo rashmi,

you are in a trouble but  you need not to worry . you have various ways . call me and i will suggest you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register