LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dinesh (Analyst)     28 June 2012

Cheating partner in exports business

My father was running an export company, which is a partnership firm. There are three partners. One of the partner was handling the marketing in Malaysia. Suddenly he said there is no sales, so the buyer will not send the payment. When asked, he said, "I have been to Malaysia many times to collect the payment, but the buyer told me to take back the goods." So the business was stopped in 2009.

Recently we came to know that he is still doing the business with the same buyer in a different company name and exporting goods till date. He is not disclosing any of the company accounts and the outstanding payments. He also claims that he is not doing any business with the same buyer.

I got few documents from our previous office. From that I understood, they send goods to shipping agent through our company(letter pad). Once it reached the shipping agent, he change the invoice to my partner's company name and exported it. He has received all the payments for his exports.

I have the partner signed invoice letter which is been sent to the shipping agent. Now I am collecting evidence to file a case. I guess the shipping agent will be supportive to my partner. So, How can I get informations from the shipping agent, through police or any other means. Please suggest me how to get that.

Is it possible to get his bank statement. Please guide me how to go in this situation. Please share if you any other ideas  to deal with the case.

Thanks in advance.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register