Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rahul kushwaha (service)     27 January 2010

Cheating done by my landlord

Cheating done by  my landlord

I have took house in HBR layout House no 505,9th main,7th cross,1st stage,2nd block,bangalore in march 2009
at that time i gave security of 40,000.

In October 2009  i vacated the house   ,instead of giving my 40,000  security back my landlord (Zakir hussain) gave  me post dated cheque of only 20,000 ,
i dont have any other option so i accepted cheque of 20,000,But now that cheque also got bounced ,and till now i did not get my security back.

Now  i want my security of 40,000 back from my landlord (Zakir Hussain)(9845156786)..

My rented house address in bangalore was

Owner name Zakir Hussain
House no 505,9th main,7th cross,1st stage,2nd block,HBR layout,bangalore

Please suggest how should i proceed now legally

Learning

4 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     27 January 2010

You didn't mention the date of bouncing of cheque. You can issue a demand notice to him within one month of information of bouncing. Consult with a lawyer and proceed under 138 NI Act.

Parveen Kr. Aggarwal (Advocate)     27 January 2010

Besides initiating proceedings under section 138 of the N. I. Act for the cheque dishonour, you may file a suit for recovery of the amount of security and can also claim interest thereon.

rahul kushwaha (service)     28 January 2010

my landlord had give me cheque   of  allahabad bank banagalore  branch dated 10/01/2010 and it got bounced on 13/01/2010.

Actually now i have shifted from banagalore to trivandrum and i have put my cheque in trivandrum branch only,So where should i file case in trivandrum or bangalore

Parveen Kr. Aggarwal (Advocate)     28 January 2010

You may file complaint case for dishonour of cheque at Trivandrum but the suit for recovery will have to be filed at the Bangalore Courts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register