LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

cougar (123)     29 June 2011

Cheating case

i got engaged to a girl n after engagement the girl eloped with some one .now m y question is can i file the cheating case on the girl n her family for cheating me and family 


 5 Replies

Rahul T (Engineer)     29 June 2011


     You are lucky! That you escaped before mirage. Forget that girl, Break the engagement & look for some one who will be loyal to you & your family. Such girls are like SHIT. If you touch them, then your hand only will get dirty. If you have given some amount of gold or so, then try to recover diplomatically. Remember one thing disputed married like is worst then HELL. So forget this & look for Better….

2 Like

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     29 June 2011

@ Author

 File before jurisdiction Police Station a GDR of such incidence.

2. File a 'civil recovery suit' based on stated cause of action for your own long time safety.

3. For your next innings; first marry then consumate the marriage then throw reception party and exchange gifts ! [Upon question by in laws say it is your family's specific 'customs']
In above way neither party may raise cause of actin on 'cheating' grounds.

Sajeev Menon (Legal Consultant Dubai 00971 508836442)     29 June 2011

Dear Cougar,

If you have credibile evidence regarding that affair, you can file a petition before the concerned police station or you can file a private complaint before the magistrat for Cheating, as well you can file a civil suit for the damages caused for you and your family, reputation, mental agony, future. etc.

cougar (123)     29 June 2011

thanks for the suggestions , 

@ Rahul  i just donot  want to leave the girl alone man , for the mental agony she caused for me and my family ,i hope u understand . .i want her to repent n pay for the mistake she has done ,so i am .looking for all possible options before i file cheating case on her n her parents .

@Tajobsindia, what is GDR???

@sanjeev menon well the evidence is she eloped n got married so now can i file cheating case on her n her family 

thanks for the help

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     30 June 2011

No, she is not marry u and u r lucky for that u know before your marriage about her.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register