Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjay Sethi   11 November 2015

Cheating by wife and in laws

Hi

My name is Sanjay Sethi. My wife Nirmala Sethi (Before marriage Nirmala Mehta). We married in 2012. We had a daughter in October 2015 which we all decided to call Radhika.

Since I work in private sector, I came to my daughter's delivery for a week and then left. When my wife and my in laws submitted my daughter's Birth Certificate, they intentionally named her Radhika Mehta Sethi. Both the surnames were included in her name. Her name as per our tradition should be Radhika Sanjay Sethi (Sanjay being my name). They never mentioned they were going to do like this.

When I saw the birth certificate, I was surprised. I asked her and her in laws why they done like this. They gave a lot of stupid reasons. One of them from my wife is 'Its my wish. I will name her anything'.

I tried to discuss them. Told them that this is not correct and they should have spoken to me before doing any of this. My wife and inlaws are not ready to listen. In India, we have lots of issues if name is not correct on certificate. The same name will be printed on all certificates going forward and later it will become problem. I do not want my daughter to suffer because of my wife's mistake.

Can I initiate any legal action against her and inlaws if she doesn't listen? Any advice in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Learning

4 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     12 November 2015

Though not a legal query,it is for U and UR wife to discuss and settle the matter.Though U have not mentiioned the reasons for including the surname"Mehta".

Anand Bali Adv. (Advocate Solicitor & Consultant)     12 November 2015

Dear Friend, First of all, How you can say that there is lot of problem in putting wrong/ un correct names of the child? I am not able to understand what are the Correct and Not correct names ???? And, what are the problems an Indian person can face by it ???? It is all confusing......??? As you have mentioned that “In India, we have lots of issues if name is not correct on certificate. The same name will be printed on all certificates going forward and later it will become problem.”

Any way,  the given name in the birth certificate is not the name which you cannot change, you can change it by taking simple steps but I causion you please do it if you want before her Tenth Matriculation certificate as after that it will be difficult to satisfy others for the name change and establishing that the person is the same which is mentioned in the certificates. Please note that this identification of a person through the certificate name is followed by all other countries in the world and there is nothing with the India as special to mention as people face any problem out of it.

There is no crime has been done either by your wife or her other family members neither as per the Indian laws nor according to the any developed country civil or criminal laws, So it is better you correct yourself.

(Guest)

10th class se pehle change karwale.  No big deal.  Wifes side is always like this, thoda wife ko control mein rakhne ka, they appear to have other plans of living seperately from you.  Change name of daughter, take divorce and marry someone else, so dads name can easily be changed in school records of kid.  Get the larger picture?

Mukesh sharma (job )     03 December 2015

hi this is  not big matter only you and your wife missunderstanding if she do its than talk with her and change name if you cant change name its not  abig problem and all like similer matter if you think about to take legal action than you cant go long plz dont think so big  talk with your wife and hope he understand and tell  your in laws not interfare in your marriage life leagl action not solution of any things

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register