LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi (XYZ)     16 April 2013

Cheating by lawyer

I hired a lawyer for the Domestic Violence case and paid him his fee thru cheque. This lawyer joined hands with the opposite lawyer and did not file objections and repeatedly told me that the objections have already been filed (have email communication and phone calls records on this) now the lawyer does not answer my phone call nor replies to the email, please advice what can I do?

Learning

4 Replies

stanley (Freedom)     16 April 2013

whats the stage of your case .  A few corrupt lawyers like the one you hired cant be punished as there is no law as of date Hire another lawyer for your case . On the next date of hearing you would have to check your file and accordingly you can  file the same  if no say has been given by conveying it to the judge to give you time for it .

In case you are unhappy with the order whihc may or may not have been passed than file an appeal in the court of sessions . Never ever make a one time payment to your lawyer . Attend court dates reqularly and see to it that when any say is being given you read it and than sign the say . 

(Guest)

LMAO: Find some other lawyer. These things are common.

lOts and lots of Law colleges, lots of lawyers come out to the field each year.

Not all get cases, some become assistants, 100 rs per day lawyer, filing applications given by senior, making notes of dates.

Trust me, when I enter any court, the number of petitioners are less, but the court hall is flooded with lawyers, so much so that if one is of short stature [height] you cannot even see if the judge is sitting in his/her chair.

When such is the case, cases like this will be common.

Just find some other lawyer.  And dont post one more query that WHETHER I HAVE TO TAKE NOC FROM OLD LAWYER OR WHAT TO DO TO GET NOC FROM OLD LAWYER OR MY OLD LAWYER IS NOT GIVING ME NOC OR WILL THE JUDGE OBJECT AS I HAVE CHANGED MY LAWYER.

Answer is, No need of NOC from old lawyer, judge wont ask for NOC from old lawyer.  Judge just wants some cases to be finished and over irrespective of who represents you !

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Ravi

I hired a lawyer for the Domestic Violence case and paid him his fee thru cheque. This lawyer joined hands with the opposite lawyer and did not file objections and repeatedly told me that the objections have already been filed (have email communication and phone calls records on this) now the lawyer does not answer my phone call nor replies to the email, please advice what can I do?

LMAO: Find some other lawyer. These things are common.

lOts and lots of Law colleges, lots of lawyers come out to the field each year.

Not all get cases, some become assistants, 100 rs per day lawyer, filing applications given by senior, making notes of dates.

Trust me, when I enter any court, the number of petitioners are less, but the court hall is flooded with lawyers, so much so that if one is of short stature [height] you cannot even see if the judge is sitting in his/her chair.

When such is the case, cases like this will be common.

Just find some other lawyer.  And dont post one more query that WHETHER I HAVE TO TAKE NOC FROM OLD LAWYER OR WHAT TO DO TO GET NOC FROM OLD LAWYER OR MY OLD LAWYER IS NOT GIVING ME NOC OR WILL THE JUDGE OBJECT AS I HAVE CHANGED MY LAWYER.

Answer is, No need of NOC from old lawyer, judge wont ask for NOC from old lawyer.  Judge just wants some cases to be finished and over irrespective of who represents you !

Have a Heart Foundation (Sales & Mktng)     17 April 2013

With due respect to the legal fraternity and officers of law.. 

Its really sad.. when due to conduct of few such advocates.. litigants have to suffer...

Incase if you have all the evidence related to the facts mentioned in your case.. you can file a complain in the PRESCRIBED FORM FOR COMPLAINT UNDER SECTION 35 OF THE ADVOCATES ACT, 1961 with the BAR Council or BAR Association in the prescribed format attached herewith.

If you wish to you can take the matter forward..

Attached File : 742635905 complain against advocate format.pdf downloaded: 94 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register