LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Unnathi Gupta (Exectuive)     06 October 2010

Cheating by Family Members

1. My cousin sis got married in year 1999, my uncle paid 3.50 Lacs as dowry and jewellery to the family members. they utilised the same money to construct the house. the plot is in the name of mother in law she is alive. 

2. They have one shop leased line shop in a hub of Varanasi, all four brothers were sharing the shop and earning it from the begining. after marriage of they demanded her jewellery to renovate the shop and to stock the shop. the shop was in the name father in law now he is no more.

3. after a year they said dhruve does not have any income and the same was communicated by my sis to my uncle and my uncle arranged a photocopying machine worth of 50000 rs, under promise that generated income would be given to my sis alone.

4. They agreeed and paid only for few days, income was very good as it was hub of the market, the entire income was shared by the family members and she been deprived of even simple things. .........lot of stuffs in between happend..........

5. All this and her childrens could not continue the school due to non payment of schoolfeee. my sister underwent an depression and was not in her control we took her to chennai and treated under the guidance of a doctor.

6. For 8 years my uncle was managing her expenses by sending some amount month on month to avoid any dispute. Then my brothers went and demanded the share of shop  after 3 days of negotaition they agreed and gave a small piece of shop for brother in law. For partioning and for new busines again 40000 thousand been given by my brothers. .................again big story of cheating and misgiuding happend and shop was taken back by the brothers ..........

6. ........ taken back the shop from my brother in law and my sister again got an depression now she is with her parents in chennai and her treatment is going on and her childres are studying in chennai school.

7. Untill Jaunuary 2010 all the family memebrs were sharing  ground floor portion of the house which is constructed by the sisters dowry money  can she claim any rent or interest for that, family was considering this floor as my sisters portion orally. and currently they have constructed first and second floor which they call as seperate property.

8. My queries are

what remedy my sister has

can she recoover her 350000 with interest  what been given as dowry to the family (proof as photograph we have )

can she get back jewellery and other money which my uncle gave to her inlaw family 

can she get back her share of shop to run some business

for any negotiaition they clain some or the other money and divert the whole issue, can my sister demand 350000 interest or rent against the protion in which the entire family was living

can my brother in law file a partition suit in residence for his share though his mother is alive

mental torture and she also attempted suicide because of all this trauma. can she get compensated or they can be punished

Ths facts of the case is brief.

kindly advise us what shall we do

Thnaks

Unnathi

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register