LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Diana (HR)     14 April 2023

Cheating by document writer

My mother registered a settlement deed and transferred her residential property to me. 3.5 cents of land at Fort Cochin , Kochi corporation, Fort Kochi Village, Kerala State , India.
I'm working as a university professor in Oman. The document writer charged exhorbitant high fees from her which is more than double the actual property registration fees and stamp duty. When the registration was over on 13.03.2023 and my parents got the receipt from the sub registrar office, Mattancherry, Kerala, they understood that we got cheated. She and her friend a broker cheated us by charging exhorbitant rates. On questioning this, they verbally harassed my mother at the time she went to collect the orginal title deed. My mother went alone and she had her family members at the office . All of them harassed my mother verbally when she asked for a receipt and split of expenses . They denied that we paid 72,500 where the actual expense was only 31350 INR. She says on that day after one month of registration that my mother only paid her 56,000. Her husband showed gesture to hit my mother . Deeply saddened and shocked my mother collected the titled deed and informed this incident over phone to me. I called up the document writer. But she hesitated to talk to me and her son was trying to justify her to mr. I have informed that i will proceed legally against them. Her son later calls my brother and is reuing to compromise with me. I would like to file complaint on her and her friend the broker for cheating and her and her family members on verbal harrassment and for threatening my mother that her husband would physically attack my mother.
I want to bring this lady in front of law and get her punished and have our money returned . What possibly can I do to get justice

Learning

2 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     15 April 2023

Certainly, your mother can register a complaint with the Police as well the Registration authorities. You also have the option of approaching the Taluka or District Legal Services Authority/Committee that the issue could be taken up in the Adalats that are held periodically.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 April 2023

If your mother was aggrieved by the behavior and the acts of the document writer, she can very well give a complaint to the local police and get them booked for the said offences.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register