LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

KaySean (Director)     09 September 2011

Cheating a foreign national

I am a Foreign National of Indian Origin who has been cheated by an Indian Company (3 directors who are all brothers) and a non-director (father).

I had been sent a SWIFT copy (international payment order) which when submitted by me in my bank and subsequently deemed to be Fake.  The amount runs into crores.

I flew down and through the necessary people filed a police complaint with the Economic Offences Wing of Mumbai Police and had all of them arrested.  15 days the accused were in police custody and then released on bail.

A chargesheet will soon be filed in the next week or 2.

My question is how long would it take for an actual trial to begin and reach a verdict after filing of chargesheet?

Me being a foreign national and having no other source of income in india, can the case be expedited?

Learning

2 Replies

Jatin Sapra 9312223345,Delhi (Advocate)     10 September 2011

Hello, Mr. KaySean,

After filing of chargesheet  in court  trial will commenced in legal sense but as your question is very specific actual trial  which must be meaning by you is recording of evidence.After filing of the chargesheet ,all documents will be provided to accused persons and matter will be fixed for framing of charges.After hearing both the parties charges will be framed and  case will be fixed for recording of evidence. It will take approx 3-6 months in routine course.You can appoint any SPA holder to look after your case and you can come at the stage of recording of evidence.Further your counseel can too look after case in your absence.

Regards

KaySean (Director)     12 September 2011

Hello Mr. Sapra

ty for the prompt reply.

What is a SPA holder?

As the EOW is going to be fighting the case, how can I ensure they do not goof up or 'weaken' the case

Are there any tactics my advesary can use to delay the trial?

Is there anything else I can do, or do I have to leave it up to the EOW adn their Public Prosecutor?

Kind Regards,

Kaysean

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register