LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hemnath (admin)     13 August 2016


hello all,

Need ur advice here please. 2 yrs back i made a payment to a consultancy for abroad job. i made three instances payment 1 is a cheque transfer & other 2 are online transfer. he couldnt arrange a job & i have been asking for money back. he just disappeared & blocked my phone numbers so that im not able to reach him.

what i have to do nw to retrieve my money back. do i have to file a fir? what are the chances of getting my money back.

please help me..

thanks & regards,



 6 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 August 2016

what are the chances of getting my money back.



Vibha   14 August 2016

  1. Sorry to hear about your experience.
  2. I agree with opinion of Mr. Sudhir Kumar.
  3. Be careful next time.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     14 August 2016

File cheating case against can't get your money back but you can punish him

K Ramesh Babu   14 August 2016

You can file suit hor recovery of money. You can also claim damages.

P. Venu (Advocate)     14 August 2016

Yes, you can certainly file an FIR. It could be that you are not the only person cheated.

hemnath (admin)     14 August 2016

thank you all for your advice, but really feel so depressed rt nw.

@vibha - be careful --- sir we do this upon trust. but then also to be on the safer side. instead of cash payment, we do cheque or online transfer, so that we have sm proof that we have paid him which might be useful in the future.

this is what the maximum can happen to any 1.

i just understand 1 thing here is that those who cheat will keep on cheat others & those who get cheated cant do much about it.

im sorry just couldnt control my frustration.

thanks all for ur time.



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query