Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

CheatedinMarriage (Employee)     31 January 2010

Cheated to marry and now filed harassment

Dear forum members,

My parents and I have been lied to prior to getting married. After marriage my wife started signing notes to pay sums of money for her dad. Unbearable of her act I tolerated for a year and hoped she would change her ways. Being an NRI finally she asked for a divorce or pay her money. Realizing the marriage was over I filed for a divorce outside India.

Now 3 years after the divorce being granted, her father has filed cases against us for cheating, taking money and now harassment under 498a.

Can anyone suggest senior high court lawyers in Kerala who if given evidence of no such happenings can clearly help me dissolve this case as well as charge her parents?

please email cheatedinmarriage@yahoo.com

Learning

7 Replies

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     31 January 2010

after divorce 498a not applicable.

other complains may be judged.

My divorce was granted not from India though I was married in Kerala

is your wife present there or received notice where from your divorce granted? is it ex perty order if so then question of acceptence of the order by the indian court is there. if the indian court refuse to accept the order, then it seems that you are still married.

your following line not cleared "My parents and I have been lied to prior to getting married" - you lied, or your wife lied to you.

Yes it was ex-party, she was notified but not present. Unfortunately my lawyer has not even attempted to make the divorce acceptable in Indian courts. It has been over 3  years since separated.

A lot of lies were told to us before marriage and after marriage. All they were interested in getting money from us.

I have enough and more evidence do you know an extremely good lawyer in cochin?

i see. you should take divorce at india. now they are getting scope to haras you. you start a new thread that you need extremely good lawyer at cochin. it will be fruitfull. thanks

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     01 February 2010

Mr. K. C. Suresh a senior member of this community is a competent lawyer practising in Kerala High court. You can contact him as desired.

CheatedinMarriage (Employee)     02 February 2010

if you have interim bail in harassment, to regularize it is it difficult or can it be challenged?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register