LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Riazul haque   05 June 2016

Cheated - paying for super built up area

I am buying a under construction  flat in Kolkata. The possession is in June 2018. When I booked the flat, in the brochure the size was mentioned as 1091 sq ft. The price computation was also at the base price of 4500 per sq ft for 1091 sq ft super built up area. In the agreement which was done in April 2016, the size of the flat is mentioned as 818 sq ft built up and in bracket 1091 sq ft super built up  area is mentioned. The per square feet rate is not mentioned in the agreement but the total consideration price is mentioned. The total carpet area is also not mentioned anywhere in the sale agreement. Which means the carpet area will me much less than the built up area. So I will get around 740 sq ft area as carpet area but I am being made to pay for 1091 sq feet. I have read that super built up is not applicable now as per some new law and feeling cheated. I have paid 11.38 lacs till now and rest I will pay from home loan. Can I claim full refund or pay only for the built up area, also please let me know the section of the law relating tro super built up area? Please help as the super built is almost 32 % and Rs 15 lacs approx. 

Learning

4 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     05 June 2016

Yes you can get refund. If u share the agreement then we will guide you.

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     05 June 2016

Yes you can get refund. If u share the agreement then we will guide you.

SAA_Bombay (Pro)     06 June 2016

Dear Riazul 

Please go through the below link article. It will help you a lot. 

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/nagpur/Sale-of-flats-on-super-built-up-area-slammed/articleshow/27868054.cms

Riazul haque   07 June 2016

Adv.bharat please give me your email id. I will forward the agreement

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register