Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nikhil kumar sinha (legal associate)     27 June 2010

cheated into marriage

Dear sir ,

one of my friend recently came to know that she was cheated by her distant relative to sign marriage papers 2 years back . He has not yet claimed that he is married to her but somehow she has come to know of this fact .

What is the relief in this kind of situation , how can she claim for divorce and how to proceed wit this.

Plz  advice

waitin for ur helpful advice

thanks

Nikhil kumar sinha

Learning

10 Replies

nikhil kumar sinha (legal associate)     28 June 2010

Sir,

its not a movie story , this has happened . Can anyone plz suggest  how to dissolve this marriage and any remedy available

thanx

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     28 June 2010

it seems that - she has never married the person.

if it is so, then in absence of solemnization of marriage, divorce can not take place; therefore you have to pray under the specific relief act, (sec. i could not remember right now). you have to give some documents or evedience, which shows he claiming marriage with her.

in case she signed some papers, and thereafter it was registered by someone, then the prayer will be diffrent.

Anjali (IT)     28 June 2010

no divorce is required...in fact, nothing to worry.  nobody can marry just by signing some stupid papers in the absence of registrar/priest (and  witnesses)..  Those signed paper can cause no harm to your friend...

Rajan Salvi (Lawyer)     28 June 2010

Your friend is not telliing the whole truth ... or you are being taken for a ride. A person cannot lie in detail. Seek details. Cross verify. TRUST BUT VERIFY.

nikhil kumar sinha (legal associate)     28 June 2010

thank u for all ur support

She says he mde her sign those papers by takin her trust , She never bothered to think before signin ,to read, that it was marriage papers. She never had any clue that someone will take her sign on marriage paper or tat this can happen

but the fact is true that she has signed the marriage papers and he hasgot it registered.

we really dont know wat is the intention of this guy . may be he is waitin for the right time  or something

So i need all u seniors help to be prepared incase he claims the marriage one day. cause she is sure he is planning for something

So plz i request u to give the best advice possible

nikhil kumar sinha (legal associate)     29 June 2010

Sir ,

i was hoping to get some serious advise. kindly help with ur knowledge.

Thanx

Rajan Salvi (Lawyer)     29 June 2010

Deny signature. Opinion of handwriting expert is not conclusive proof. It is a weak piece of evidence. Remember where the girl was on the day the signature was affixed. I think she must have been elsewhere..

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     29 June 2010

SHE TELLING LIE. GET IT CHECKED.

MARRIAGE REGISTRATION NOT SO EASY.

1) BRIDE, GROOM, AND TWO OTHER WITNESS HAS TO APPEAR BEFORE THE REGISTRATION OFFICER PERSONALY ( IE IN PERSON).

2) THEY HAVE TO SIGN ON THE REGISTRATION PAPERS BEFORE THE REGISTER.

3) SOME PLACES PHOTO OF THE BRIDE AND GROOM ALSO PASTED ON THE FORM.

THEREFORE IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO REGISTER A MARRIAGE WITHOUT HER KNOWLEDGE.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     29 June 2010

IT IS POSSIBLE THAT ONCE UPON A TIME NOTICE WAS SERVED BUT MARRIAGE WAS NOT REGISTERED AND SHE THOUGHT THE NOTICE IS REGISTRATION.--- IT IS WRONG.

IT IS ALSO POSSIBLE THAT SOMEOTHER FEMALE PERSONATED YOUR FRIEND AT THE MARRIAGE REGISTRATION OFFICE.

CONFIRMED IT AND GET THE APPROPRIATE REMIDIES. REMIDIES ARE DIFFRENT AND BASED ACCORDING TO THE FACTS.

nikhil kumar sinha (legal associate)     29 June 2010

thanx Sir,

So the fact is that may be this guy has got the registeration done by help of any female friend . and also bribing the registerar cause this other party is really rich and can influence by money

now if fraudantly a marriage is registered like this  so what ll be the remedy

plz help,

patiently

Waitin for ur reply

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register