Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

cheatedbyhusband (-)     23 February 2010

Cheated by husband

Hi All,

This is Shilpa. I got married in Nov 2008. My husband and my in-laws had demanded for a property to be registered in my husband’s name and my parents promised to give the property after the education loan on the property was cleared by them. I am a MS/MBA graduated from Australia. My husband neither allowed me to work nor did he allow me to apply for my visa. His mom tortured me at home by verbally abusing me and harassed me both mentally and physically soon after marriage and my husband who showed love to me soon joined his mom in all her b*tchy activities against me. The sole reason was property which was supposed to be registered under my husband’s name.  Later my husband and myself were sent out of the house by my MIL for the most silliest reason after which we started to live separately.

My husband was fine with me after that but there were few physical harassment here and there by him…  and we did fight a couple of times because of his mum’s b*tchy behavior. The sad part of the whole story is that both my husband and my MIL had planned to leave that country in October 2009. And my husband left his job here and said he will be going abroad and that he will get me there after he finds a job…  he said he had no money to get my visa done when he got his. I have got all his bank statement recently which says he had enough money for my visa. unfortunately, he has taken his mom with him without my knowledge. He left me at my mum’s place. And then he sends me an email saying he doesn’t want to keep in touch with me… and sent me a RCR notice soon after that which read “I tortured his mom and him, I threw her clothes and food and stuff” and that I should join him within 15 days of the RCR notice. Neither did I have a visa to join him nor did I know where he lived.

I still don’t understand why he sent me RCR notice when things were absolutely fine between us. What are his intentions?  I never deserted him… he deserted me and he sends a RCR notice? That’s weird!!!

And he claimed he was in Dubai every time he called me(He had a business visa sponsored by his friend) while he lived in London(he had a UK work permit)

As I knew their sole intention was always the property I filed a 498A and 3&4 DP Act against my in-laws and my husband.  Police have got them back to India. They have come back a month ago. They have got a bail now. I am living in my matrimonial home now with my mum as I can’t live alone here. After getting a bail now he spreads rumors on me saying I am characterless and that I am drunkard and a flirt. He has gained all his friends sympathy by spreading dirty rumors on me. I was being understanding and tried to compromise on everything he wanted. But he is still not satisfied and sends a notice for no reason? I also have spoken to a friend of his in London and she has forwarded all the emails he has sent to her to gain sympathy so she can help him when he is in London.  In that email he very clearly says that he wants to go away from me and look after his mom. These emails are written to her when he lived with me and pretended like he loved me lots.

I have also filed a suit on all their property and also applied for maintenance since I am a housewife now. They haven’t come home even after the bail.

My questions are:

1. Why did he send a RCR notice? What do you think his intentions are?

I DO NOT want to divorce him. I want to save this marriage as much as possible. If its not possible. Then I want them to end up in Jail. They can’t spoil someone life in just 10 months. My parents have spent a hell lot of money on this wedding.  I want either a happy family or they should end up in Jail. I will not divorce him.

Cheers :)

Shilpa

Learning

5 Replies

Hardik Mehta (Family Counsellor)     24 February 2010

Shilpa,

Please send me the mail on hardikm007@gmail.com and want further inquiry / information from you which I cannot discuss with you on this open forum. The purpose of RCR can be used to lessen the maintenance. Reply to the notice stating that you always wanted to join and when is he sending the visa?

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     24 February 2010

Shilpa ji, it is quite clear from you query that your husband and his mom are playing safe by sending you an RCR even when there is no differences between you and your husband. The fact is, they have thouhgt that in case you file a case against them here under S.498A or DV Act, the RCR notice would help them.  RCR  can show their  intention of keeping you in their family. But the funny part is, they cannot prove that coz, there was no way by which you could go to your husband wothout visa and you were not informed about their whereabouts in the RCR. So, dont worry. Try to talk to them and see if you can still live with them peacefully. Else, keep RCR notice with you, which will definitely help you in case if you file a case against them.

Daksh (Student)     24 February 2010

Dear Shilpa,

Enough is enough if you cannot gauge their intentions previously now you know what they are upto this time.  In the fitness of thing first of all they owe to you (for practical reasons to explain in writing) what and why they did behind your back and what is the status of the property.  Take the bull by horns by countering RCR - have faith in you as you have nothing to loose but to regain your honour and self esteem.

Do your homework and be ready for the rest.  God bless.

Best Regards

Daksh

cheatedbyhusband (-)     03 March 2010

I have recently found that my husband and his mom live in a rented apartment nearby... Can I go and join them there? instead of me waiting for them in my matrimonial home? 

If YES? then what will happen to the temporary interim/injunction the court has granted to me?

If NO? then why cant I? and what steps can I take next to save this marriage?

Thanks

Shilpa

Rajan Salvi (Lawyer)     03 March 2010

He has gained all his friends sympathy by spreading dirty rumors on me.

' How, in the world, is a person supposed to live when he looses his supporters? People judge people listening to only one side of the story and pass exparte halfbaked opinions. They forget that " Tali ek hath se nahi bajti".

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register