LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jashan singh (student)     25 October 2014

Cheated by brides family for marriage

my brother has been engaged to a girl whose family cheated with us on the education of girl .we came to know about it.but now they threatening us that they will file a case against us if the marriage does not goes on.

is it possible for them to file an case against us?

show us the way please.


 4 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     25 October 2014

no one can file case on you and even if they file complain you can prove with evidences do not worry 

Rajender Kalra (Men's Rights Activist )     25 October 2014

If engagement has happened and they have photographs and other proofs then they can file 498a case...It applies before marriage as well if engagement has happened...

If they file case, you have to face trial...of course no possibility of conviction..



Pappu (Victim)     25 October 2014

Technically yes. They can file a case and cause you trouble in short term. If you really do want to call off the wedding, lodge in a criminal case for cheating and criminal intimidation. Do you have any evidence regarding this cheating ? Any bio-data which was shared ? Or a recording which proves that they were tring to black mail you. If yes nothing like it. If no, use any witnesses for the complaint. 

If you really do want to go down this path, I would recommend that having a good lawyer would be helpful. 

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     25 October 2014

the above reference was discussed as their exists dowry and engagement was cancelled and here no such dowry query has told only about education 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register