LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prakash Tiwari (MD)     12 August 2015

Cheated by agent

Hello I am badly in need of advise of experts. We have been doing business in a rented premises since 20 years. One day the land loard came and asked us to vacate the premises with the help of Goondas. We filed a court case and since then we were paying rent in court. Last year an agent approached my lawyer saying that he will pay us 2 lakhs and we need to vacate the premises. After lots of discussion we decided to vacate. An agreement was signed by me and agent that one lakh cash will be paid and remaing by cheque. One year has passed he has not paid the second part. We spoke to him last week too. He said he will not pay the reaming amount and we can do what ever we want. Point 1: The cheque expired almost 8 months back. Point 2: Cheque lost in transit. On what grounds can i make that agreement enforecable so that i can get my money back

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     12 August 2015

Arrange to send a legal notice first. then file a petition in the civil courts for money recovery suit.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     12 August 2015

Basing on the contents of the agreement,send a legal notice to the agent.Better provide the contents of the agreement for a better analysis

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register