Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

geethu   06 July 2016

Cheated by advocattes and lost my life.........

RESPECTED SIR,

I AM GEETHU FROM KERALA..MY MARRIAGE WAS A LOVE MARRIAGE..WE WERE DIFFERENT CASTE AND RELEGIONS....AFTER A FIGHT WITH MY HUSBAND I WENT TO MY HOME IN 2015 MARCH AND STAYED WITH MY PARENTS..MY PARENTS TOLD ME TO DIVORCE MY HUSBAND AND I ALSO DECIDE BECAUSE OF SOME PERSONAL ISSUES AND FINANCIAL PROBLEMS...MY MOTHER'S BROTHER IS A ADVOCATE SO WE WENT TO HIM FOR CASE...HE WROTE THE PETITION AS A STORY ACCORDING TO OUR SITUATION AND HE TOLD ME STUDY THIS...HERE THE PROBLEM IS I LEFT HIM IN 2015 BUT THE LAWYER UNCLE TOLD ME TO TELL 2014...HE FILLED THE CASE IN HIS NEARBY COURT NOT MY NEARBY COURT...HE CREATED A ADDRESS AND FILED IN MY NAME..ON LAST HEARING MY HUSBAND CAME TO COURT WITH OUT ADVOCATE AND SAID THE JUDGE THAT WE ARE PLAYING FARAUD IN THE COURT IN THE CASE OF JURISDICTION BECAUSE THE MARRIAGE WAS SOLEMNIZED IN ANOTHER PLACE AND ALSO WE LAST RESIDED IN THE PLACE WHERE THE MARRIAGE WAS HAPPENED IN ARENTED HOUSE..THE JUDGE HEARED EVERYTHING AND SPOKE IN SUPPORT WITH THE JUDGE DID NOT HEAR ANY THING FROM US...WE WENT FOR COUNSELLING THERE HUSABAND SAID TO ME HE WILL TEACH ME AND ADVOCATE FOR PLAYING FRAUD AGAINST HIM IN THE CASE ADDRESS...HE WILL NOT TAKE ME BACK ALSO...I AM CONFUSED NOW MY ADVOCATE GAVE THE CASE TO ANOTHER ADVOCATE BECAUSE HE COULD NOT COME..NEW ADVOCATE DOES NOT KNOW THESE THINGS ...WHAT SHOULD I DO PLEASE REPLY ME..IF MY HUSABND PROVES THE FRAUD WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN MY CASE?MY OLD ADVCATE UNCLE TOLD ME COURT WILL BE ALWAYS ON THE SIDE OF WOMEN SO THAT ONLY AGREED...

Learning

7 Replies

b.goheel   06 July 2016

from thread, it appears your worry for the relief you pray not materialize and not miss a chance for  reconcillation.

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     06 July 2016

Inform us on what grounds divorce was filed. If you are so afraid that he will something,then with  draw the petition from  this court , with lieu of the court, and file it in proper jurisdiction. 

Born Fighter (xxx)     06 July 2016

You have made ur case weak. You should not proceed with legal case against ur husband as he will have enough proofs to reveal ur lies. What matters in court is EVIDENCE. Truth is TIMEBOUND !!

Ur uncle-advocate has smartly handed over the case to some other advocate as he has a risk to lose his licence if husband complains to BAR Council for fraud practice in legal profession by ur so called Uncle.

Next time dont get married as there are high chances ur mother/uncle will again misguide you , and moreover u seem to not have a mind of ur own !!

Vibha   06 July 2016

1. Yes you have been cheated by the lawyer
  2. No you have not lost your life
  3. Engage a senior lawyer and remedy the errors.

b.goheel   07 July 2016

HE FILLED THE CASE IN HIS NEARBY COURT NOT MY NEARBY COURT...HE CREATED A ADDRESS AND FILED IN MY NAME
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1] with assumption you a educated, since you are going to file a petition. then you are aware of the fact atleast that petition must be in your name.
2] since he is advocate he must have created supportive evidence of the new address and that trick seems does not work at the same time you may not wish to share.

aarjun vhajage (Lawyer)     07 July 2016

Withdraw this DV from this court now. Dont apologize your hubby, otherwise he will take disadvantange. If you are wrong, and want to take divorce without proper reason. Meet a senior person who can settle the matter and apply for MCD. You will live peaceful and allow him to live peaceful life.

innocenthusband   11 July 2016

You are a grown up woman, at least try to be one. Make decisions for yourself, not let others for you. If you really hate him, divorce him. Withdraw the case as mentioned by learned counsels above and re-initiate later. However you will be seen as a fraud in the eyes of the law when you choose to re-initiate. This is a problem that was caused by you because you evidently do not understand the institution of marriage. Little wonder why Kerala has the highest number of divorces in the country, having a fraction of the population of other states.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register