Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shweta (Lawyer)     01 April 2010

Cheated

Hi,

My client's daughter is in a particular school. However she wants to change her school. But the school where the child is presently studying has already asked the parents to deposit the fees by nxt week inorder to secure the admission of the child for the coming academic year, failing which the admission will be cancelled. However my Client is hoping to get admissions in the new school and same will be confirmed only by nxt month. The dilema now is that if my client pays up the fees she may not get a refund of the same if her daughter's admission is confirmed in another school. Hence need your guidance as to if any citation or any law tht speaks on refund of fees. Is it possible for her to get her fees back if she withdraws the admission. Any judgement or law which speaks on this point???

Regards

Adv. Shweta Prabhu

Learning

1 Replies

mahendrakumar (marketing)     02 April 2010

there are no uniform rules for refund of fees.  what does the school's propspectus say?

usually,on withdrawal before commencement of course schools refund the fees.

you may raise an RTI to the SPIO of the education dept of the state,seeking informations on the above,since it is a common problem nowa days during the starting of academic year.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register