LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Leena VM (none)     22 June 2012

Charitable trust

My father created a charitable trust and gave his property to charity. In the trust he is the life time member and trust document declares that after his death family member is supposed to replace him. He has passed away for a year and other trustees are not adding my name (I am the only one in the family now) to the trust.

What options do I have to add my name to the trust, which is registerd in Gujarat, since other trustees are not cooperating.

Learning

2 Replies

Sanyam Malhotra (Advocate)     22 June 2012

not even 1 of all the trustees is cooperating? try going to somebody who has not said no/ might cooperate. request a copy of the trust deed and accounts. Then engage an advocate to compel the trustees to act as per the deed through a court of law.

(Guest)

Leenaji,

As regards trust is concerned, you will have to appraoch Charity Commisisoner for incorporation and addition of your name in the trust as and in the capacity of trustees as the document shows your father was settlor and created trust and incorporated provision in the trust deed to which the trustees then appointed by your father agreed to. Now at this juncture they cannot withdraw from the same and the conevants of the trust deed has to be executed as it is. Notice will be issued to that effact and your name shall be added as trustee.

2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register