LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Samar Shill   13 November 2021

Charges for making power of attorney

Dear Sir,

There is an agricultural land in the name of my father and two uncle in my native place.

My father and both uncles are no more,

So we want to sell the land.

Pease guide me how to apply for power of attorney and what are the charges for it.


Thank You..



 10 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     13 November 2021

Your query is not clear.  How many legal heirs to your father and his brothers?  Why do you asking for GPA?

Samar Shill   13 November 2021

There are total 11 legal heirs.

We want to sell the land as we are not living in uttar pradesh now.

We are boen in mumbai only it was our paternal place.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     14 November 2021

Three brothers own certain land in a village and all three are no more. There are legal heirs totalling 11.

It is presumed all of them died intestate. You can sell or give power of attorney in favour of one of the family or outsiders after the land has come into the name of the legal heirs.  To be on the safe side and to avoid future complications, it is better the land is partitioned through a registered partition deed and later each legal heir can decide what to do with the portion of land he/she got. All the legal heirs, based on the partition deed can give a Power of Attorney for the sale of the property to a reliable person.


It is better, you contact a local Lawyer with full details and be guided accordingly.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     14 November 2021

Reduce the terms of sale in the form of a settlement deed and get it indexed through District Legal Services Authority.  Individual duties and responsibilities can be stated in such a settlement/agreement.

Samar Shill   14 November 2021

Sir i and all legal heirs wants to sell the land as we are now selltled in mumbai.

So if i make power of attorney in my name or any of the legal heir then is it possible to sell the land ?

Also pls tell me what are the charges for making power of attorney and how to register it..


Thank You..

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     15 November 2021

Obtain surviving member (legal heir) certificate and apply for partition before finalisation of sale transaction.

It would be appropriate to consult a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts, professional advise and necessary proceeding

Samar Shill   15 November 2021

Sir pls tell what will be the charges for making power of attorney for selling that land ?

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     15 November 2021

My Deer Sir, 

Please note that buyer shall not purchase the property merely based on a POA by a group of persons given in fafavour of one of them. The title r of all the sigbatories to the property should be established.


Therefore, please contact a local reliable Lawyer and be guided by him/her for the line of action that needs to be followed preceding the actual sale of property.

Samar Shill   15 November 2021

Thank you all for the replies..

P. Venu (Advocate)     15 November 2021

Is the property duly mutated in the names of the present legal heirs?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query