LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shalini Lal (not working)     30 July 2013

Charged with criminal proceedings

Hi, I am applying for passport-the Q that Have you ever been charged with criminal proceedings or any arrest warrant/ summon pending before a court of India?  confuses me..

I was acquitted under sec 255(1)cr.p.c... a case was made up against me by the police under sec 353 IPC...

now passport requires police verification...this case got over in 2001..

What should I write to the Q above in my passport application form? Pls advise?

Learning

5 Replies

Basavaiah, (Retired)     30 July 2013

I think you should mention only if criminal case is still pending

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     31 July 2013

Read the terms and conditions carefully, in passport if the word mention is pending case or convicted case then the true facts should be  mentioned in the form 

Shalini Lal (not working)     02 August 2013

The Q given is 

Have you ever been charged with criminal proceedings or any arrest warrant/ summon pending before a court of India?  

I was charged under IPC 353 and case trial investigated. Then I was acquitted under CR.P.C 255(1) no case pending, no arrest warrant or summon pending

I do not understand the first bit...have you ever been charged with criminal proccedings...if it means has there ever been a trial or complaint under which I was tried in a court of law, the ans is YES but if it means have I been charged by the trial court with sec   under crpc, the ans is NO...

Please clarify..

Ravi (PL)     08 August 2013

Hi, Could you please let me know should we say YES or NO in this situation.

Arunodoy D (Consultant Adviser Cyber Security)     26 December 2018

Originally posted by : Shalini Lal

Hi, I am applying for passport-the Q that Have you ever been charged with criminal proceedings or any arrest warrant/ summon pending before a court of India?  confuses me..

I was acquitted under sec 255(1)cr.p.c... a case was made up against me by the police under sec 353 IPC...

now passport requires police verification...this case got over in 2001..

What should I write to the Q above in my passport application form? Pls advise?

Straight answer:  Write NO

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register