Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SATISH (RM)     04 July 2011

Charged under IPC 279 337

Dear Sirs,

I am wrongly accused under IPC 279 337. 

I was driving my car on a interior road and there was an Eicher vehichle coming in opposite direction. I was already on the extreme left side of the narrow road. 3 villagers on a motorcycle coming behind the Eicher tried to overtake it and on seeing my car coming, they applied the brakes, bike skidded and they fell on the other side of the road. I had already brought my car to a halt. Their bike skidded and hit my car on the lower side of the front right bumper. Other villagers started to create a problem and were threathening to burn the car etc.

One of them was injured and was hospitalized and underwent surgery. They have now filed a complaint against me for rash and negligent driving. Their  bike does not have insurance and I have taken photos of the accident site which clearly shows my car on the extreme left of the road. The bike tyre marks also shows that their bike had skidded towards my car.  There is no mention of 3 persons riding the bike.

I have also filed a FIR against them at the same station giving my side of the incident.

Pls advise what I should do , as I am not at fault.

Learning

3 Replies

Sriram Arunachalam (Zonal Head)     04 July 2011

Kindly inform your car insurance company share them the FIR filed by you, photos and explain in detail about the accident..

1 Like

SATISH (RM)     04 July 2011

thank you, but what do i do as I have been charged under IPC 279 337 and am waiting for the case to come up

Bidhan Dave (Advocate)     05 July 2011

Well I can understand your problem. Many times it happens that police always has a perception that the driver of bigger vehicle is at the fault & hence their investigation is only one sided. You can apply Hon.High Court for quashing of FIR against you based on your evidence. It is high time that the rash & negligent driving of bikers is to be highlighted.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register