LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Archana (sr. Coordinator)     13 January 2014

Charachter assassination in organization

What if a girl reports about s*xual harassment she is been facing since long by higher profile in organization, and Internal Sexual harassment committee gives false report by alleging the complainant. When the victim has submitted the vidence too and that has been overlooked by Committee members. The Culprits in his statements assassinated my character repeatedly and none of the Committee member asked any questions related to allegations framed by him.

Though the civil suit is pending before hon'ble COurt of Law, but can a Criminal defamation can also be filed or not is my question.

I have gone through Vishkha Guidelines, even though I need advice to process ahead.

Learning

2 Replies

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     13 January 2014

Both are parallel remedies available on civil and criminal side.

You can  file a private complainant before the concerned Magistrate on criminal side too.

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     15 January 2014

Yes, u have the option to go for defamation suit under IPC  500,but u should have concrete evidence to prove in the court of law, u have to make committee members as witness to this (defamation) case,you can go for that.  Obtain the copy of those defamatory statements made by those people during course of proceedings.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register