Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

T ST   24 May 2021

changing thumb impression into signature account

R/s
My father has a account in PNB BANK but with thumb impression due his condition of paralysis that time so he ws unable to sign stiff though he is a literate man but due the sign mismatch on pages bank refused it so we open account with thumb impression now his physical condition is better and can sign stiffly.
how can we change his account into signature one now, what documents will be needed in this case.
thanks

Learning

4 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     24 May 2021

Submit the letter to the branch manager and state the fact with all proof of records 

Arpita Chauhan   24 May 2021

Respected Member,

Your  father's account can be changed into signature one definitely by applying to the Home Branch of the respective bank.

For the procedure, first of all, every bank have a slightly different procedure for this but there are some basic things that you will definitely need. They are:-

1. Firstly you need to submit the complete details of the account and account holder.

2. A letter need to be written to the branch head explaining the whole situation however some banks also have forms for the same purpose so you just have to fill that.

3. Thirdly, the account holder that is your father in the present case has to provide a Fresh KYC along with his latest photograph to the bank.

There are also two things that you should keep a note of;

First is that this process can only take place at Home Branch.

Second is that, the account holder has to be personally present for this purpose.

I hope I was able to help you. However, this answer is purely from internet research so please consult a professional as well.

Regards

Arpita Chauhan

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 May 2021

For Bank account signature change to thumb impression you have to check the eligibility like mode of operation and other, Bank may ask for additional documents like signature change request form, KYC, ID / Address proof, Bank customer request form (CRF) along with the request letter

• write an application for changing thumb impression to signature to  the bank account
  • application letter to signature change to signature to thumb impression  in the bank account
  • sample letter to change the signature on the bank account

T ST   25 May 2021

thankyou so much for guiding me

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register