Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S.B _Kolkata (Service)     26 December 2009

Changing Name to get rid of past criminal cases

Can anybody get out of his/her past criminal cases(if any) by changing name? During trial at court for any case, can we take help of any past case of accused person if she/he has already changed her/his name?


 5 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     26 December 2009

Sir, it is common in most criminal cases that the accused will have more than one name in so many records. It is for us to prove it is the same person with different names and get him infront of court for trial. How can law permit one to escape a crimnal just for the sake that he has changed ?

1 Like

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     26 December 2009

 Nobody can get out of his/her past criminal record merely by changing his/her  name. Even if a person has subsequently changed his name, his past cases can very well be referred to.

1 Like


I agree with Archana's views.

DR.SANAT KUMAR DASH (Eye Specialist)     02 January 2010

 I  do   agree  with   Adv   Archana's   opinion.

Daksh (Student)     02 January 2010


The answer is NO.



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query