25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sridevi (practice)     26 October 2009

Change of Vakalat

I would like to change my advocate for which we approached him for No objection.  He refused to give.   What are the remedies avaialbel to me


 8 Replies

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     26 October 2009

Request him again for No objection.  If he still fails to give you can file an application before the court stating that you wish to engage a new advocate and the court will pass orders depending upon the circumstances.

AEJAZ AHMED (Legal Consultant/Lawyer)     26 October 2009

The remedy left to you is :


i)  Inform the same fact to Concerned Magistrate/Judge about refusal by your Lawyer to give " no objection " on demand;

ii) Further ask Concerned Magistrate/Judge to permit you to change your advocate, who is on record;


i) What is the reason of refusal to give "No Objection" by your advocate on records;

ii) did you paid and cleared all dues against his professional 'Fees', otherwise Magistrate/Judge also don't permit you to change Advocate on record till the clearance of his Professional Fees;


sridevi (practice)     26 October 2009

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your advice.  That advocate was introduced to me by my daughter to file a case against my sons when i was in some misunderstanding with them.  Later  it was settled down so i wanted to withdraw the case, for which the advocate said that my daughters are not willing so he will not rely on my words.  I approached him for his NOC he refused to give saying that he will only give before the judge and before my daughters.  My daughter are not a party to the suit at all.

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     26 October 2009

Send a notice to the lawyer to give change of vakalat. If there is no response, you can file an application to the court for revocation of vakalat


I agree with Mr.Y.Prakash ji.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     27 October 2009

request the advocate to give no objection certificate if he denied to do so then issue notice to the advocate regarding terminatin of his vakalat.

prakash vathore (practicing lawyer)     05 December 2009

 i agree with mr. y prakash.

girishankar (manager)     12 January 2010


Please give us a Tarriff of a Lawyers Fees Struture.....

It will be Helpfull all public to make arrangements of funds......

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query