Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vadeghar Lakshman   01 June 2023

Change of proprietor in business q


We have our family business ie jewellery shop with the proprietor as my father and my father expired recently. My father in laws want to change the proprietor name as their name. Currently they changed the proprietor name to my mother name. As we are the legal heirs of my father, Without agreeing all legal heirs of my father is it possible to change the proprietor name to their name? Fyi, we have legal heir certificate issued by court.


 3 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     01 June 2023

No , until all of the share holders does not agree the property cannot be transferred to any one nor the title changes. It is better you file for partition suit 

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate and Legal Consultant)     02 June 2023

Father-in-law has no locus standi to interfer family concern, his action is invalid and illegal, show him exit door.

Vadeghar Lakshman   03 June 2023

Thank you sir for your kind reply.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register